Chef Spiros Armenis proposes this salad as an explosion of health! A complete, nutritious meal, rich in protein and vitamins while it’s taste is boosted off with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Kleio”.
Ingredients for serving 4 people as a side
350 gr dried beans
2 sprigs of celery, finely chopped (for the pickled celery)
1 dried onion, finely chopped
juice of 1 lemon
1 handful of capers
finely chopped parsley
4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Kleio”
A few rocket leaves for garnishing
2 sprigs of celery, finely chopped
1 glass of fine vinegar
1/2 glass of water
20 gr sugar
1 laurel leaf
The ingredients for the dressing of sun-dried tomato are:
• 2 tbsp vinegar (preferably apple vinegar)
• 6 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Kleio”
• 1 tbsp mustard
• 1 tbsp sun – dried tomato
• 1 tbsp caper
• A little salt (optional and only if the capers are desalted)
Prepare the pickled celery as follows:
1. Finely chop two celery sprigs.
2. In a small bowl with a lid, add the chopped celery, 1 glass of vinegar, 1/2 glass of water, 20 g. sugar and a laurel leaf.
3. Leave the mixture for 1 hour or even better in the fridge overnight as all flavors meld together and give a better result! The next day, remove the laurel leaf.
Prepare your salad as follows:
1. Wash the beans, put them in a bowl with plenty of lukewarm water and let them soak for 10-12 hours.
2. Drain and rinse with plenty of water.
3. In a large saucepan, let the beans simmer for about an hour and a half, until they soften (do not boil them too much!),
and then pour all the water.
4. In a large bowl combine the beans with the pickled celery, add the lemon juice, the onion, the chopped parsley and the capers and finally
the 4 tbsp of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Kleio” and mix lightly and carefully.
5. Prepare the sun-dried tomato dressing as follows:
Whisk the vinegar, the Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Kleio”, the mustard, the sun – dried tomatoes, the caper
and a little salt to create a drizzable consistency.
6. Pour over the salad with the dried tomato dressing, mix gently and at the end sprinkle with a few rocket leaves.
7. Pour with a few more drops of Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Kleio” and serve.
Share and enjoy with your loved people!