Christmas time is precious and is for sharing with family, and Christmas Eve dinner is sanctuary.
Chef Spiros Armenis, for our Christmas’ Eve dinner proposes this special salad with Fresh, Early Harvest – Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Kleio” of variety Koutsourelia – Patrini as an impressive, easy – to – make, festive dish for our beloved people.
Ingredients for serving 4 people as a side
- 1 Lettuce Lola or Iceberg
- 90 gr Goat cheese with skin, chèvre type
- A few olives Kalamon without the stone, cut into pieces
- 1 small cucumber (flakes of cucumber)
- A few cappers
- A little salt
- Some chives
The ingredients for the dressing of red sweet peppers are:
- 100 ml (12 full tablespoons), Early Harvest – Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Kleio” of variety Koutsourelia – Patrini
- 90g sugar
- 60g apple vinegar
- 200g sweet red peppers (3-4 pieces of Greek florinis peppers)
Preparing the Dressing:
- In a blender, add the sugar and the apple vinegar and hit them well a few minutes until the mixture turns white like milk
- Then, add to the blender the chopped Florin pepper and the Early Harvest – Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Kleio” of variety Koutsourelia – Patrini, and hit all the materials together for a few minutes until it becomes a homogeneous mix.
Preparing your salad:
1. Wash the iceberg well, cut it and put it on a bowl.
2. Wash the cucumber well and without removing its peel, rinse it with a peeler and create cucumber flakes and add them to the bowl.
3. Add some salt
4. Add the goat cheese to small pieces to the bowl
5. Add the pieces of olives of and capers to the bowl
6. Add 1 table spoon of Early Harvest – Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Kleio” of variety Koutsourelia – Patrini and mix all the ingredients together
7. Transfer all the ingredients on a new serving plate
8. Add to the salad, 6 teaspoons of the sweet red peppers dressing and keep the rest in the refrigerator, in a closed glass jar for future use
9. Add some chives on the top
10. Serve and enjoy!
KONTOGIORGIS ESTATE wishes you lots of enjoyment and Merry Christmas to you and your family!